WINTER IN EUREKA SPRINGS
In years past, Eureka Springs has had a reputation in winter for being closed down. Many of the businesses and shops are locally-owned and the owners sometimes use that season to rest and recover or do updates and repairs for the upcoming season. However, in more recent years you would find many of the shops are open and there are still many great things to do in Eureka during the winter. Some things to consider:
- It’s quiet: Winter in Eureka is very calm and quiet, it is the perfect time to get great deals on amazing cabins and AirBNB cottages. January was one of our favorite times as a couple to some to Eureka Springs for a quiet weekend getaway. You will still find many food options for coffee, a relaxing lunch, or upscale dinner.
- It’s still beautiful: The scenery in Eureka is amazing in the winter. The trees have lost their leaves so the views are unrestricted. You can still have a great slice of pizza at the top of the Crescent hotel and look across the valley to the main part of town or across to the Christ of the Ozarks statue. After your dinner, you can enjoy some time in the lobby, relaxing by a roaring fire in the fireplace.
- There are still things to do: Many of the local bars will still have live music on the weekends and you can explore some options that you haven’t considered before like the Community center classes, or Carnegie Library seminars.
- History: Visit the historical museum or take a walk to one of the over 40 springs in the city. We spent a lot of time in Eureka Springs before ever visiting the museum, it’s a MUST SEE. There is so much history in the town, it will give you a new perspective on the area. The museum also has many books available for sell from local authors.
- Shopping: You will still find shops and art galleries open downtown and up on HWY 62. Take some time to visit some of the antique stores that are located on the outskirts of town. You may discover an artifact that represents the amazing history of the area that will make for a great souvenir.
Don’t miss out on the great place that Eureka Springs can be in the winter time, the cool vibe that Eureka offers is present all year round!